Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday Girl

I haven't been writing much because I've felt too tired, too empty, too devoid of original thoughts to actually attempt a new post. Work has been so busy with number-crunching and hour-long conversations with my colleagues in San Antonio that I've come home every night just wanting to veg in front of the TV. This weekend hasn't been much different. After a mini-college reunion on Friday night at a new bar in Wrigleyville, I spent Saturday trying to stay dry in between Crate & Barrel, CB2, The Container Store, and Pottery Barn (Leslie was looking for new furniture and I was bored). By the time we got back to her place, neither of us had any energy to look cute and do the bar scene again so we assembled her shelves, watched a few (8) episodes of Sex & the City, enjoyed some gourmet pizza, and veged some more. Today? More of the same once I finished my online midterm for my MBA class. Jill & I watched Club Dread (so ridiculous) and laid motionless on our respective couches. Now, after all my laziness, I feel the need to produce something.....anything....

I am frustrated with C. Haven't seen him in 2 weeks, haven't talked in one. He has been very busy at work, but I don't really like that excuse. And I am weird about calling boys. I guess The Rules have been reinforced in my brain one too many times. There is just something I don't like about being the one who initiates the phone calls. The ball is in his court, yet he's doing nothing. So should I call and give him a little kick in the ass, or do nothing and stay frustrated? I think it's clear that I will have to call.

The Returning Ex returned again (from this point on to be known as Flip Flop Guy - thanks Max). He now lives within 2 blocks of my apartment, but I have yet to run into him on the street. He called Friday night and I chose to ignore his call. He was at another bar, wondering what I was doing, wanting me to meet up with him. Leslie told me not to call him back. No texting allowed either. I knew she was right so I never returned his call.

I'm perpetually confused by the men in my life. I only hope I am just as confusing to all of them.


(While trying to come up with a title for this post, I thought of three Blondie song titles. That was all that came to mind. Huh.)

No comments: