Friday, September 02, 2005

lazy

I wish I had a better excuse for just sitting in front of the TV than just a lack of motivation. Day 2 of my long weekend and I have absolutely no energy to get up and run on the lakefront like yesterday. Instead, I find myself sitting on the couch with my laptop on my thighs, finishing a cup of coffee and watching "Say Anything". I actually don't like this movie at all and have never watched it in its entirety. Ione Skye irritates me. She speaks like a former boss I had when I was a lifeguard - a boss I despised. In turn, I do not like Ione Skye and do not like this movie. Same goes for "Four Weddings and a Funeral" - Andie MacDowell is just annoying. She ruins what could have been a great film.

To make things worse, the cable guide isn't working. It's impossible to find something to watch when you have no idea what is on each channel. I've become so accustomed to selecting channels based on listings, rather than having to go through EVERY SINGLE channel and attempt to figure out what is on each one. This is especially frustrating when you just want to veg and don't want to think about what you are watching.

All of this, however, seems completely shallow when I pass through the CNNs and MSNBCs and Fox News channels. Devastation, destruction, drowning (we have refugees in our own country, hundreds of whom showed up at O'Hare barefoot and homeless). And here I am complaining about the cable. I know few people in New Orleans. It is one of the markets I buy I at work so I have vendors and a client there. As much as Roger, my New Orleans client, gets on my nerves each day with his multiple calls and emails, he was the very first person I thought of when the hurricane struck. It was strange earlier this week when I didn't hear from him and I had no idea if he was okay. Thankfully, I checked my work email briefly yesterday and saw two emails from Roger. I cannot imagine what he has gone through in the past week, but I am eager to talk to him next week.

No comments: