Wednesday, August 31, 2005

so anxious

Temperatures tonight were a little cooler than they have been lately, but that doesn't explain why I had the chills coming home from class. I was briskly walking the few blocks to my bus stop, clutching my tote bag in front of my chest as if it was going to keep me any warmer. And the entire bus ride home, I could feel a draft making its way up my leg as I tried to hold my breath (too many people on the 36 need to wear more deodorant). Even when I got home, all I wanted to do was bundle up in sweats. It took about 20 minutes for me to finally warm up enough to just wear a tshirt and shorts.

I'm not sick. I'm anxious. Or at least I was until I pulled my phone from the depths of the aforementioned tote bag and saw C's number (3 missed calls - all his??). When I get anxious, one of two things happens. Either I get the chills and start to feel somewhat ill or nauseous, or I have to pee a lot. I don't like feeling anxious.

He called. Why do I feel such validation when a guy says he will call and actually follows through on his promise?

I called back. Straight to voicemail. Left a message. Now I'm back to waiting again.

I'm still anxious now, just in an impatient sort of way. Not tired enough to go to bed, I tried to kill time by watching an episode of The Sopranos, but I'm still awake. At least I've got a five-day weekend.

Oh, I've had Kanye stuck in my head all day.

No comments: