Wednesday, January 24, 2007

over it

I mentioned that A dumped for someone else, right?

Thanks to the power of MySpace, I've seen a photo of the new girl.

My initial reaction? Totally not what I expected. But then, I don't really know what I expected. From what he told me about his "type", she just doesn't seem to fit.

What I also learned from his profile is that he is totally cool calling this new lady his girlfriend just a month after they started dating. Part of me was upset about this at first: What was the hold-up with me? Why couldn't he do the same? But I realized this is not about me - it's about him. And it's really not important for me to care anymore.

3 comments:

Clink said...

Definitely not important for you to care anymore. On to bigger and better. (And I totally agree - when it comes to stuff like this, the internet is definitely a bad thing.)

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I totally hear you on this one. I can't seem to help myself looking at my ex's MySpace page every single day - even though I tell myself not to do it and even though I don't really know what I am looking for. I think part of me is just waiting to see mention of another girl - am I a sucker or what? It's almost as if I need to see him do something to know that it really is over between us (it ended at Christmas). Bleurgh. The internet really is a bad thing sometimes.
Onwards and upwards eh?
Good luck! We both deserve better.
xX

bevy said...

What a tool (him not you). You know, some guys just suck, plain and simple.